23 October 2011
After their first winter ascents of Gasherbrum II, The North Face Expedition Team Simone Moro, Denis Urubko and Cory Richards is getting ready for the next project: the first winter ascent of Nanga Parbat (8125 meters).
The team plan to leave on Dec. 26th.
Simone Moro has already summited in winter Shisha Pangma, on 2005, with Piotr Morawski, Makalu with Denis Urubko, on 2009 and GII on 2011 with Urubko and Richards
NANGA PARBAT CLIMBING HISTORY:
- 1895 First attempt( A. Mummery)
- 1953 Nanga Parbat first climb along Rakiot Face, Herman Buhl in a solo summit push.
- 1962 Second climb on Diamir Face (Kinshofer)
- 1970 Reinhold and Gùnter Messner climbed the Rupal face and descent the Diamir face
- 1978 Solo climb of a new route along the Diamir face (Reinhold Messner)
- 2005 New route in alpine style Rupal face (S.House e V. Anderson)
Source and photos: Thenorthface